martes, 28 de junio de 2011

The so called therapy

They say that when you use drugs, eventually you start feeling like someone else. You're not yourself anymore but the person the drug has created. It could be a fiend, a ghost, a killer, who knows. Since I only use pot, and it's a "kind" drug, I never thought I'd feel that way, besides, a lot of my friends use it too, and even though I paid attention to their behaviour, I never noticed anything different, scary, or sketchy.
Pot is just great. Every time I smoke it, I just feel automatically happy. If I was having a headache, if I've had a shitty day at work, If I couldn't sleep, all I needed to do was hit the joint once, and it would magically go away. The anxiety, the sadness, everything. At least that's how it started. Now it's just all gray. I do feel better, but right after the effects are gone, things get worse and worse.
The doctor says there's a completely logical explanation, apparently pot is a downer, so if has "helped" perpetuate my depression. "It's all about the chemical cicles in your brain", she said.
Well, I guess I'm about to fuck up my brain for good. I don't feel like myself anymore. I smoked a lot yesterday, and I had a good time but in the morning I woke up and I realized something had changed inside my head. I have a headache that doesn't go away, and as the day passes, I keep feeling weird. Like my senses are not the same. I look at things and they seem brighter, or not solid, or made of water. Some objects are constantly moving and I just feel so tired. When I speak, I have this feeling I'm talking nonsense, and my thoughts repeat themselves over and over again.
Weed is taking me over. I thought staying sober was a piece of cake. A month and a half was all I could handle.
After three years of being an everyday smoker, now I know I need to stop.
I wanna be myself again.

No hay comentarios: